Suicide Prevention - Speak up. Reach out.
You are not alone, we are here to help.
No matter what you're dealing with there are people who can help. When you call GHS you will be provided with immediate emotional assistance from trained staff who can get you connected to the help and support you need. We don’t expect you to know exactly what you need, that is our job to help connect you to the support you need. GHS is your connection to free, confidential mental health assistance.
Speak to a counselor via phone or text and get access to mental health and substance use services.
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year:
Call (810) 257-3740 or Text FLINT to 741741
Speak Up If You See Someone:
- Threatening to hurt or kill oneself
- Seeking access to means to hurt or kill oneself
- Talking or writing about death, dying or suicide
- Feeling hopeless
- Acting recklessly or engaging in risky activities
- Increased use of alcohol or drugs
- Withdrawing from family, friends or society
- Appearing agitated to angry
- Having a dramatic change in mood
What You Can Do To Help:
- Have an honest conversation
- Talk to them in private
- Listen to their story
- Tell them you care about them
- Ask directly if they are thinking about suicide
- Encourage them to seek treatment or contact their doctor or therapist
- Avoid debating the value of life, minimizing their problems or giving advice