Join our Free VIRTUAL Narcan Training Sessions
Classes are held every 2nd Tuesday from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm.
A Microsoft Teams invite link will be sent to your email address upon registering.
Narcan is a medication that reverses opioid overdose. With the growing opioid epidemic, everyone should receive this training. Learn how to recognize, prevent and stop an overdose. You could save a life.
Upon completion of training, a contactless appointment will be set up to pick up a free Narcan kit from Genesee Community Health Center. You will also recieve 1 Social Work CEU and 1 MCBAP CE will be given upon completion of the class.
Call (810) 257-3705 for more information.
- Know what Naloxone (Narcan) is and how to administer
- Understand that overdoses happen in everyday public areas, parking lots, public bathrooms, street corners
- Learn ways to decrease risks of fatal overdose
- Be able to properly store yet have Narcan readily available
- Understand that narcan does NOT take the place of medical attention
- Feel comfortable and assured that you are covered under the "Good Samaritan" law as a first responder
- Be able to identify the symptoms of an opioid overdose
- Properly respond to an opiod overdose using narcan
- Theories and concepts of human behavior in the social environment
- Social work practice, knowledge and skills
- Social work research, program evaluation, or practice evaluation
- Social work agency management or administration
- Development, evaluation, and/or implementation of social policy
- Social work ethics and standards of professional practice